Saturday, October 10, 2009

How to Blog Every Day - Tips From a Pro

One of the biggest challenges that young writers face is simply getting into the habit of writing. In my classes at Linn-Benton Community College, I require my students to start a blog (to see some of the results, look to the right). Why do I do this? Because it forces them to come up with new stories and photos each week. It forces them into the writing or creativity habit.

In "How to Blog Almost Every Day," Chris Brogan describes some of the tools he uses to maintain the habit. These include:
  • Read something new every day.
  • Talk with people every day.
  • Find 20-40 minutes in every day to sit still and type.
  • Find useful and interesting pictures.
And my favorite: "Get the post up fast, not perfect. You can edit if you have to, later. Perfectionism kills good habits."

I couldn't agree more.

-rp-

p.s. I'm about halfway through Brogan's new book, "Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation, and Earn Trust," and recommend it highly.

No comments: