On May 19 the college's Student Publications Committee will interview applicants vying to become next year's editor. The Commuter's editor-in-chief manages the daily activities of the student newspaper beginning in the summer and continuing through the school year.
The Student Publications Committee is now accepting applications for the position.
The current editor-in-chief, Max Brown, will wrap up his tenure with publication of the last edition for this school year on June 2. Brown took over for Ryan Henson at the end of fall term, after Henson had to return to Pennsylvania for family reasons.
The duties of The Commuter's editor-in-chief include:
- Setting the editorial direction of the paper
- Appointing the managing the newspaper's staff of editors, reporters and photographers
- Coordinating the work of the staff, including assigning and editing stories and photos
- Leading staff meetings and other newspaper activities
- Representing the newspaper in the college community
The 10-member Student Publications Committee consists of LBCC students, faculty and staff and meets each spring to interview applicants and appoint a new Commuter editor.